My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Monday, April 07, 2008

Tourdion

More poetry from music. This is the text from a 14th Century Italian madrigal, recently performed by the Kensington Consort as part of their concert "Sacred and Profane." Obviously, this was from the profane part of the program...

Tourdion
attributed to Pierre Attaignant

When I drink light red wine, friend,
Everything goes round and round
So from now on I'll drink Anou or Arbois
Let's sing and drink and wage war on this bottle
Let's sing and drink, my friends, let's drink!

Good wine renders us merry, let's sing,
Forget our sorrows, let's sing!
While eating of a fat ham, on this bottle let us wage war!

Let us drink well, drink my friends, clink glasses,
Drink, merrily sing!
While eating of a fat ham, on this bottle let us wage war!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home