My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

Two poems by Shel Silverstein

I'm following Brian Hodges' advice.
Wish me luck...

Boa Constrictor

Oh, I'm being eaten
By a boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
A boa constrictor,
I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor,
And I don't like it--one bit.
Well, what do you know?
It's nibblin' my toe.
Oh, gee,
It's up to my knee.
Oh my,
It's up to my thigh.
Oh, fiddle,
It's up to my middle.
Oh, heck,
It's up to my neck.
Oh, dread,
It's upmmmmmmmmmmffffffffff . . .


It's Dark in Here

I am writing these poems
From inside a lion,
And it's rather dark in here.
So please excuse the handwriting
Which may not be too clear.
But this afternoon by the lion's cage
I'm afraid I got too near.
And I'm writing these lines
From inside a lion,
And it's rather dark in here.

1 Comments:

Blogger queenie said...

i love shel silverstein!! how are you though!??!?! i miss you! hope all is well in north carolina!

9/17/2006 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home