My Photo
Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

Bukowski

Alright, This blog's been up nearly two weeks and I haven't posted any Bukowski yet. Something is wrong. This guy has got to be my favorite new poet (well not really new... but new to me). I love his down-to-earth, tell-it-like-it-is style. Plus he has such great imagery. This poem is a great example, and while it doesn't accurately depict my mood at the moment at ALL, it remains awesome and will be posted appropriately:


the way it is now


I'll tell you
I've lived with some gorgeous women
and I was so bewitched by those
beautiful creatures that
my eyebrows twitched.

but I'd rather drive to New York
backwards
than to live with any of them
again.

the next classic stupidity
will be the history
of those fellows
who inherit my female
legacies.

in their case
as in mine
they will find
that madness
is caused by not
being often enough
alone.

("I'd rather drive to New York backwards"... How great a picture is that, and I know you've all felt that way at some point in your life. Admit it.)

2 Comments:

Blogger queenie said...

thanks for the music advice.

i miss you too!! what are you doing this summer? we really need to work on seeing each other!!

(oh and i love the poems...they make me happy!)

1/23/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger qemuel said...

Howdy!

I'm a friend of Darth Larry's, and I just wanted to recommend reading Bukowski's fiction as well (just in case you haven't yet). The man was just brilliant.

2/03/2006 12:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home